According to WHO, there are 466 million people in the world with disabling hearing loss.
That is 5% of the world’s population !!
Here are 10 good benefits of learning sign language;
- Connect with 5% of the world’s population by speaking their language.
- You will practice expression; this in turn will improve your communication skills.
- You can be helpful whenever to people with hearing loss.
- You will be able to understand the challenges faced by deaf people.
- You can get a job as an interpreter.
- Sign languages can be used even when spoken word is physically impossible. Example, while diving under water.
- Since not many people know how to sign, this knowledge will make you unique.
- You will improve your spelling skills
- Boost your CV
- it’s a beautiful language
Looking for a college to learn sign language in Mombasa, Kenya?
Join the best sign language college in Mombasa and start signing. Learn with the best, the teachers in this college are from the deaf world. Simply the best